Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually very true. But occasionally the last thing you wish to do is put together a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes almost all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There is zero reason that you shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are able to do this because most of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it’s possible to eat healthfully when you’re at a fast food restaurant.
Milk, juice and water would be the best options for beverages. When you drink a huge soft drink you are putting a whole bunch of empty calories to your day. Usually a single helping of soda is merely eight ounces big. Those eight ounces usually are at least 100 calories and about ten tablespoons of sugar. A fast food soda is typically not less than twenty ounces. Thirty ounces, however, is considerably more common. This ensures that just purchasing a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet program. Milk, fruit juices or plain water are more healthy choices.
Simple sense states that the proper way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make good choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through now and then. Sometimes what you need is to let other people create your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about going to the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew recipe. You can have shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew:
- You need 4 packages 4 bags of already peeled frozen shrimp, if its shrimp season get ya 3lbs of boiled shrimp bcuz those shrimp will b significantly larger
- Take 2 2 packs of frozen, already cooked & peeled crawfish or 2 lbs of boiled crawfish (again, only if it's crawfish season…btw "shrimp/crawfish season" only applies 2 my fellow Cajun folk)
- Prepare 10 each 8-10 stalks fresh corn, shucked
- Take 1 large family size can cream of mushroom soup
- Provide 1 regular size can cream of shrimp soup (if no cream of shrimp available, cream of chicken is fine)
- Provide 1 cup half n half or heavy whipping cream
- Prepare 1 cup Milk
- Take 1 Blend of 1 chopped onion, 3 stalks chopped celery, 1 chopped green bell pepper and 1 chopped red bell pepper. They sell this blend already prepared/ pre-chopped in some grocery stores.
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Get 1 Crab boil liquid seasoning (equivalent of Old Bay seasoning in northern states) to taste
- Prepare 1 Salt/pepper or local spice blend to taste (Tony Chachere's is my blend of choice)
Steps to make Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew:
- In blender, blend half of shucked corn w cup of half n half/heavy whipping cream. Add some seasoning 2 taste and blend until smooth. Consistency will b thick. Reserve remaining unblended corn to add in later.
- Add olive oil to hot deep stock pot and toss in chopped onion blend. Stir around until mix begins turning translucent. This process is termed "sweating" by local chefs. Releases amazing flavors and juices from veggies. As ur sweating ur blend add some seasoning to it as u go…
- Next add peeled and thawed shrimp. Stir those around a few mins until they start 2 turn pink.
- Add corn/half n half blend to pot along w both cans of soup. This mixture will b thick. Incorporate all content.
- Add milk here to thin out mixture. I said use about a cup of milk but add gradually until u get 2 desired consistency. U may want more than 1 cup if u prefer it thinner or less than a cup if u want it more hearty.
- Add cooked/peeled/thawed crawfish and remaining whole corn kernels to pot, stir in.
- Now comes the fun!!! Season that thang up 2 ur liking w about a tablespoon of liquid crab boil or old bay… be VERY VERY careful on this step cuz that crap is super hot so take it slow…add it gradually until u get desired heat. Then add more salt/pepper or spice blend to taste.
- Stir everything together well one good time then cover w lid and let it simmer on low heat for about 15-20 mins.
- Serve over steamed rice to eat it as a stew or by itself w/ some toasted & buttered french bread, croissant, or side salad bcuz it's yummy & filling enough 2 eat as a soup!!!
If you find this Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.