Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole meal for yourself and your family. Once in a while you only want to check out the drive through when you are on your way home and end the day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? This is possible because an abundance of the popular fast food destinations are attempting to make their menus healthy now. Here’s how it’s possible to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food spot.
Milk, juice and also water would be the best choices for beverages. Choosing a huge soft drink as your beverage adds hundreds of poor calories to your meal. One portion of pop is eight ounces. That portion could contain many spoonfuls of sugar as well as at least a hundred calories. Most fast food soft drinks are at least twenty ounces large. Thirty ounces, however, is a lot more common. This is the reason why just buying a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet. Milk, fruit juices as well as plain water are more healthy options.
Common logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and shed pounds is to by pass the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, in most cases, this is a good idea, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the thing you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe. To make butternut squash and curry soup with chicken you need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken:
- Get 1 butternut squash
- You need 1 yellow onion
- Take 1 clove garlic
- Prepare 48 oz vegetable stock
- Prepare 1 can coconut milk (plus more for garnish)
- You need 1 tbs brown sugar
- Get 2 tbs yellow curry paste (more or less depending on taste)
- Get 2 chicken breast’s (optional)
- Provide 1 tbs cumin (for chicken)
- Get 1 tbs turmeric (for chicken)
- Take 1 tbs onion powered (for chicken)
- Use 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger (for chicken)
- Get 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (for chicken)
- Provide Olive oil (see directions)
Instructions to make Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken:
- Pre heat oven to 400° then roast the butternut squash. I usually cut it in half, poke holes in it then microwave each half for 4 minutes. I then remove the skin, dice it into chunks, and cover them in olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Then put it in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until the squash is soft
- Dice the onion and put it in an oiled pan with the clove of garlic. Sauté on medium heat until onion is caramelized.
- When the squash and onions are done, throw them into a stock pot and set them aside so you can prep your chicken.
- Cover the chicken breasts in olive oil and add salt and pepper. Then cover them in the dry spices and roast them in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes or until there is no pink in the middle. When the chicken is done, shred it and set it to the side.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the vegetable stock to the pot with your squash and onion and heat on medium low. You can also add your brown sugar and your curry paste. After the curry has been incorporated, you can use a hand blender to blend the chunks of squash and onions until the soup is smoothe.
- Add your can of coconut milk (be sure to shake it before opening the can)
- Ladle some of the warm soup into your bowl and add the chicken and some extra coconut milk if choose!
If you find this Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.