Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Ukodo (Goat meat with Yam, Cocoyams and Plantain Pepper soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Ukodo (Goat meat with Yam, Cocoyams and Plantain Pepper soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ukodo (Goat meat with Yam, Cocoyams and Plantain Pepper soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Exactly Why Are Apples So Beneficial With Regard To Your Health.
On TV plus in magazines everybody is telling you to eat an apple a day, however, have you ever asked yourself why? This is a thing that many people live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that folks in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they do not even know why. In our research we have learned why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be revealing that with you here.
While everyone understands that eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is a great way to ensure your body gets all the nutrition it needs, why are apples pushed so much? You will see that the vitamins and minerals that you will find in apples can be quite beneficial for your health.. A number of the major minerals you will come across in apples are potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, sodium, copper and zinc, and also other trace minerals. Of course vitamins are in addition very important for your health and you will find vitamin B1, niacin, vitamin B6 and many more that promote well being.
I really hope I have revealed some information that revealed why apples are so healthy for you. One thing you should realize is that we only discussed some of the benefits of eating apples. You will be able to discover many more benefits for your health in relation to apples. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples the very next time you go to the grocery store. You will find that your overall health may significantly be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ukodo (goat meat with yam, cocoyams and plantain pepper soup recipe. To cook ukodo (goat meat with yam, cocoyams and plantain pepper soup you only need 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Ukodo (Goat meat with Yam, Cocoyams and Plantain Pepper soup:
- Use 10 Iwo/ Ehuru
- Use 2 Urheri / ude seeds
- Provide 2 Umilo
- You need 1/2 tsp Ataiko
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp Irugeje
- Prepare Lemon Grass (2 handful)
- Use Yam, (peeled and cut in desired shape)
- Take Cocoyam (peeled and cut as well)
- Take Plantain (3) usually unriped
- Take Seasoning cubes 2
- Prepare Black pepper / grounded yellow pepper
- Use 1/2 kg Goat meat
- Get Smoked fish (optional)
- Prepare 2 tbsp Crayfish
- Use 2 handful stockfish flakes (optional)
Steps to make Ukodo (Goat meat with Yam, Cocoyams and Plantain Pepper soup:
- Wash season Goat meat in a pot to boil (cut meat into small pieces)
- Crack open the umilo, gbafilo, and Iwo and blend the content alongside atakilo and irugeje
- When the meat is almost ready, add the chunks of yams, cocoyams and Plantain and continue to cook with the meat
- Throw in the smoked fish, stockfish flakes with a bit of grounded yellow pepper and the lemon grass..shake the pot a bit… allow to cook
- Add all the blened spices, black pepper, and the seed urheri into the pot. by now the place should be "tasonsoning" meaning the aroma of the dish should be inviting. Lolz😉
- Add seasoning cubes, crayfish and salt to taste but be mindful of the initial salt from the meat.
- Cover and cook for another 15 mins.
- Mix the content of the pot lightly, this will ensure the soup. thickens up properly.
- Serve immediately, because the best time to eat Ukodo is as E dey hot…,😂😁
If you find this Ukodo (Goat meat with Yam, Cocoyams and Plantain Pepper soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.