Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you're looking for Amazingly Good Corn Soup Made from Fresh Corn recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Amazingly Good Corn Soup Made from Fresh Corn recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Amazingly Good Corn Soup Made from Fresh Corn recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually excellent advice. But sometimes the last thing you would like to do is prepare a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just would like to hit the drive through along the way home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be suffering from guilt about slipping on your diet. This can be done because an abundance of the popular fast food places are trying to make their menus healthier now. Here is the way to find healthy food at the drive through.
Pick water, juice or milk as a beverage. When you consume a large soft drink you are adding a lot of empty calories to your day. Usually a single portion of soft drinks is merely eight ounces big. Those eight ounces tend to be at least 100 calories and about ten tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soft drinks are no less than twenty ounces large. Thirty ounces, however, is considerably more common. This is the reason why just ordering a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet regime. It is much healthier to select milk, juice and also standard water.
Logic states that that one the simplest way to stay healthy and balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a couple of good decisions and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. At times what you require most is just to have someone else do the cooking. If you decide on healthy things, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to amazingly good corn soup made from fresh corn recipe. You can cook amazingly good corn soup made from fresh corn using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Amazingly Good Corn Soup Made from Fresh Corn:
- Use 3 medium ● Fresh corn on the cob
- You need 1/2 ● Onion
- Provide 30 grams ● Butter
- You need From this point on all the ingredients are for one batch of soup using 1/2 of the ingredients listed above.
- You need 400 ml plus Milk
- You need 50 ml Heavy cream (if you have some)
- Prepare The beurre manié:
- Prepare 1 tbsp Butter
- Provide 1 tbsp Flour
- Provide 1 Salt and pepper
Steps to make Amazingly Good Corn Soup Made from Fresh Corn:
- Make cuts in each corn cob as shown in between the rows of kernels. Make cuts between each row of kernels on both cobs.
- Scrape one of the corn cobs with the back side of a kitchen knife to remove the insides of the corn only, leaving the skins. Remove the whole kernels with the blade of the knife from the other cob.
- This is what was removed from the corn cobs. Finely chop the onions and saute in butter over low heat until transparent, then add the corn and continue sauteeing.
- When the corn is cooked through and turns a nice yellow in color it's done. You can freeze half of this mixture in a ziplock bag. We'll make the rest into soup.
- Add 300 ml of milk to the pan that the cooked corn mixture is in, and simmer over low heat. Take care not to let it burn!
- Make the beurre manié (literally, "kneaded" butter). Put the butter (1 tablespoon) into a heatproof container and melt in the microwave. Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the beurre manié to the pan little by little to thicken the soup. Add the rest of the milk and the heavy cream, and adjust the thickness.
- When the soup is the constency you like, season with salt and pepper to taste and it's done.
- If you reduce the amount of milk drastically, the soup will be thick even without added thickener. If you want a really rich version!
- The corn and onion add a lot of sweetness, so this tastes best if you are generous with the salt. If you find the flavor lacking, add a tiny bit of soup stock granules.
If you find this Amazingly Good Corn Soup Made from Fresh Corn recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.