Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Bean and Bacon Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Bean and Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bean and Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Just about every single article you read about improving your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some value to this. Occasionally, though, the last thing you need is to have to make an evening meal from scratch. Sometimes you just wish to reach the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be suffering from guilt about slipping on your diet. You are able to do this because many of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food place.
Concentrate on the sides. It wasn’t so long ago that French Fries were your sole side dish option at a restaurant. Today the vast majority of the most popular fast food franchises have amplified their choices. Now plenty of them provide salads. Chili is another choice. You can also purchase a baked potato. You can make fruit. There are a lot of options that don’t require eating anything deep fried. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” make an effort to make a meal consisting of side dishes. You’ll maintain your calorie and fatty food count lower and escape dedication.
Standard logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and lose weight is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, usually, this is a good plan, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes what you need most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. When you want healthy menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bean and bacon soup recipe. To make bean and bacon soup you need 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Bean and Bacon Soup:
- Use 1 lb. bacon, diced
- Get 1 small onion, chopped
- Prepare 1 cup carrots, diced
- Provide 1 cup celery, diced
- Provide 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Provide 4 cups chicken broth
- Take 3 (15.5 oz.) cans Great Northern beans, drained
- You need 1 (15 oz.) can Tomato sauce
- Get to taste salt and pepper
Steps to make Bean and Bacon Soup:
- Dice bacon and cook over medium high heat in a large Dutch oven.
- When cooked and crispy, place in a paper towel lined bowl and set aside.
- Dice onion, carrots and celery.
- Leave 2 Tbsp. of the bacon grease in pot and saute diced onion, celery, carrots and garlic until tender.
- Add in beans, chicken broth and salt and pepper. You do not need that much salt as the bacon will be salty already.
- Heat to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Open lid and bask in the aroma… :)
- Using a ladle, remove half of soup and place in a blender, blend on low until incorporated.
- Place back into pot and add the can of tomato sauce and 3/4 of the cooked bacon.
- Continue to heat on low until soup is warm and bubbly.
- Top with remaining bacon. Enjoy!
If you find this Bean and Bacon Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.