Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Meatball & Barley Soup FC recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meatball & Barley Soup FC recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Good Pertaining To Your Health.
Every person has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, but the question is, is this actually a true statement. Many men and women have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. This idea is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. You will be pleased to know that we have carried out a little research, and we are going to tell you why this is thought to be a miracle fruit.
Cornell University performed a study on the effect apples have on the brain. While doing their study they learned that, quercetin, which is found in apples assists in maintaining healthy brain cells. Meaning that by eating apples you can decrease the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day definitely can keep the doctor away and now you understand why. Something you should understand is that we only covered some of the benefits of eating apples. You will be able to locate many more benefits for your health when it comes to apples. When you go shopping again, don’t forget to pick up some apples, their in the produce section. You will see that your overall health can greatly be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to meatball & barley soup fc recipe. To cook meatball & barley soup fc you only need 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Meatball & Barley Soup FC:
- Provide 1 tbsp olive oil
- Use 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- Take 2 ribs celery, washed & diced
- Prepare 1 cup diced onion
- You need 3 clove garlic, finely diced
- Use 6 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Use 2 cup water
- Provide 1 3/4 cup barley
- Prepare 1 lb ground pork
- Prepare 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Prepare 1 plus parmesan cheese for garnish(optional)
- Take 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Use 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Get 1/2 tsp pepper
- Provide 1 can pinto beans or cannellini beans (15.5oz) drained & rinsed
- You need 8 cup rough chopped escarole ( a type of endive/lettuce)
Instructions to make Meatball & Barley Soup FC:
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine to remind me what it looks like…
- in a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. add carrots, celery and onion. cook about 8 minutes. stir in garlic and cook 2 minutes. add broth,water and barley. bring to a boil.
- reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 25 minutes.
- meanwhile.. mix together ground pork, the parsley, 1/4 of the parmesan, 1/4tsp. of the salt and 1/4tsp. of the pepper.
- roll pork mix into 30 meatballs, about 1tbl. big each.
- drop meatballs into soup. stir in beans. return to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- stir in remaining parmesan,salt and pepper. stir in escarole.
- cook a few minutes more until meatballs are fully cooked.
- ladle into bowls and garnish with grated parmesan cheese if desired.
- Nutritional facts according to family circle magazine: serves 6: per serving: 450 calories; 17g. fat; 6g. sat. fat; 23g. protein; 51g. carbs; 13g. fiber; 772mg sodium; 46mg. cholesterol
If you find this Meatball & Barley Soup FC recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.