Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Some Simple Explanations Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
Everybody has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, but the question is, is this actually a true statement. This is something which many people live by and they also make certain their children are eating at least one apple a day. This idea is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be sharing that with you here.
Your heart is an additional thing which really can be helped when you eat apples. I am sure you know that apples have fiber, and that, and also some of the various other ingredients of apples can promote heart health. One more of the benefits apples can give you is that it can help you to lower your cholesterol, and you should also know that this also helps your heart. Obviously to get all the benefits from apples you will need to know that most of the benefits can be located in the apples skin. The main reason I point this out is mainly because many people will peel an apple before eating it and that is actually a very bad thing as you are getting rid of a lot of the nutritional value.
To conclude, I guess an apple a day definitely can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. The benefits we covered are just a few of the benefits that eating apples can provide. If you look and ask around, you are going to come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. When you go shopping again, don’t forget to purchase quite a few apples, their in the produce isle. You will find that your overall health could greatly be benefited by eating apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe. You can have slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta:
- Use 1 bag dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet
- You need Optional 👇
- Take 1 tsp. baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight
- Use 2 cups diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks
- You need 1 small yellow onion diced
- Prepare 2 carrots peeled and diced
- Provide 2 stalks celery peeled and diced
- You need 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- Provide 1/4 cup butter
- Use 2 tsp. dried basil
- Provide 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Take 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Prepare 1 bay leaf
- Prepare 4 cups water
- Provide 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Get 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >
- Prepare tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in
- You need 1 tsp. salt
- Provide 3 cups chopped kale
- Take 1/2 lemon juiced
- Take 2 tsp. hot sauce
- Use (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta
- You need Shredded Parmesan cheese
Instructions to make Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta:
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it.
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !
If you find this Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.