Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Have Huge Advantages To Improve Your Health.
Everybody has heard the words “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, but the question is, is this actually a true statement. Many people have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. This thought is known all over the world and people just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. You will be happy to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to tell you why this is considered a miracle fruit.
Cornell University performed a study on the impact apples have on your brain. They discovered that one of the ingredients in apples called quercetin, has actually been proven to help you to protect brain cells. And because of this you will find that apples can in fact help people prevent the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
To sum up, I guess an apple a day actually can keep the doctor away and now you understand why. The one thing you should realize is that we only covered a portion of the benefits of eating apples. It is possible to discover many more benefits regarding your health when it comes to apples. I am hoping that the next time you go to the grocery store you find yourself getting plenty of apples. These apples could end up helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to acorn squash soup & toasted seeds recipe. To cook acorn squash soup & toasted seeds you need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds:
- Take 2 acorn squash (skin on)
- Prepare 1 yellow onion
- Use 2 cloves garlic
- Provide 2 tbsp salt
- Prepare 2 tbsp pepper
- Use Dash cayenne pepper
- Get 1 tsp thyme
- You need 1 tsp cinnamon
- Use 1 tbsp honey
- Get 16 oz chicken stock (use vegetable stock for vegan)
- You need 16 oz water
- Provide 1 pint heavy whipping cream (leave out for vegan)
Steps to make Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds:
- Chop onion into large chunks and smash garlic cloves and sauté for a few minutes until aromatic. Add salt, pepper and chunks of acorn squash and cook on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add chicken stock and water and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Blend mixture with immersion blender and add in thyme and honey. Add more seasoning if desired.
- Add whipping cream and serve hot!
- For toasted acorn squash seeds, clean seeds and dry first. Mix olive oil, a dash or salt and pepper and evenly coat seeds. Bake on 325 for 20 minutes! Serve on top of soup or as a snack for another day.
If you find this Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.