Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Wholesome Fast Food.
Just about every article you read about bettering your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some benefit to this. From time to time, though, the last thing you choose is to have to cook meals from scratch. Sometimes almost all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is possible because plenty of the popular fast food places are trying to make their menus healthier now. Here is the way to eat healthfully when you visit the drive through.
Milk, juice and also water will be the best options for beverages. Choosing a big soft drink as your beverage gives hundreds of unhealthy calories to your meal. Usually a single portion of soda pop is only eight ounces big. That helping normally contains a minimum of a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soft drinks are no less than twenty ounces big. Thirty ounces, however, is considerably more common. This means that your drink alone will put a large number of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. Milk, fruit juices as well as plain water are more healthy choices.
Common logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose weight is to drop the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make great choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Every now and then, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. When you select wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy tomato basil soup recipe. To make spicy tomato basil soup you only need 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Tomato Basil Soup:
- Get 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
- Provide 2-4 tablespoons chili infused oil (I used cayenne infused)
- You need 4 large carrots, diced
- Use 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- You need 3 large (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- You need 1 bay leaf (dried)
- Provide 1 rind (about 6 square inches) from a cheese such as Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano
- Prepare 4 cups homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- You need 1 cup heavy cream
- Take to taste salt
- Get to taste freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- You need 1.5 cups chopped basil
Steps to make Spicy Tomato Basil Soup:
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat until foaming, then add carrots and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter starts to brown on the bottom, about 15 minutes. Add 2-3 teaspoons of the chili infused oil and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, followed by chicken stock. Once it reaches a simmer add the cheese rind and bay leaf. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until quite thick, about 1 1/2 hours; adjust heat as needed to maintain a gentle simmer. Remove the bay leaf and cheese rind (if it hasn't melted).
- Purée soup with an immersion blender until smooth, or cool until no longer steaming before puréeing in a countertop blender.
- Stir in cream, then season with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. Rewarm to serve. Stir in 1 cup of the basil just before serving.
- Serve with a garnish of basil and a drizzle of chili infused oil.
If you find this Spicy Tomato Basil Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.