Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southwest-style chicken soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to do all of their own cooking. This is certainly very good advice. Once in a while, though, you definitely do not want to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you need to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and complete the day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? This may be possible because an abundance of the popular fast food places are attempting to make their menus healthier now. Here is how one can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Go with the side dishes. Not so long ago, the only real side dish item available at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now more or less all of the well-known fast food places have expanded their menus. Now you may get a variety of salads. You can also pick out Chili. You might get baked potatoes. You can make fruit. There are plenty of wholesome options that do not include putting something deep fried into your body. When you buy your supper through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you do this you are able to keep your fat content and also calorie counts low.
Basic logic states that the best way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While, usually, this is a good plan, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the thing you need is to let other people make your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about going to the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest-style chicken soup recipe. You can have southwest-style chicken soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Provide 2 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- Provide 1 tbsp dried oregano
- You need 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- Get 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Use 1 tbsp chili powder
- Prepare 2 tsp ground cumin
- Provide 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Get 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- Use 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- Take 1-28 oz can diced tomatoes, including juice
- Provide 4 cups chicken broth
- Prepare 1-14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Get 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- Provide Garnishes
- Get Cilantro, chopped
- You need Jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Use Avocado, sliced
- Take Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Get Lime wedges
- Prepare Tortillas, crisped
- You need Cheddar cheese, grated
Instructions to make Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil.
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side.
If you find this Southwest-style chicken soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.