Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you're looking for Acorn Squash & Basil Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Acorn Squash & Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Acorn Squash & Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some benefit to this. From time to time, though, the last thing you want is to have to cook a meal from scratch. Sometimes you just want to hit the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There is no reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You can do this because most of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Go with the side dishes. Not so long ago, the only real side dish item available at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now many of the fast food choices have been widened considerably. Now you can find a range of salads. You may also choose Chili. Baked potatoes may also be bought. Fruit is generally obtainable. There are countless selections that you can choose that do not force you to consume foods that have been deep fried. When you order your dinner through a drive through window, choose side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. You’ll keep calorie and fatty food count very low and escape time and effort.
Fundamental sense states that the best way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a few good selections and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Once in a while, permitting someone else cook dinner is just what you need. When you select wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to acorn squash & basil soup recipe. To make acorn squash & basil soup you need 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Acorn Squash & Basil Soup:
- Take 1 acorn squash
- Get 2 garlic cloves
- Get 1/2 tbsp butter, or vegan butter
- Use 2/3 cup hot water
- Prepare 1/3 cup heavy cream, or coconut milk
- You need 1/2 chicken bouillon, or vegetable bouillon
- Provide salt
- Provide 2 tsp dry basil
- Prepare 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
Instructions to make Acorn Squash & Basil Soup:
- Peel and chop acorn Squash into small cubes. Peel and using your knife flatten garlic cloves
- Boil squash and garlic cloves for 5-10 minutes, until fork tender.
- Using a strainer, remove squash and garlic from boiling water and pour into a high power blender.
- To the squash and garlic, add in the water, cream, butter, and below seasonings.
- Blend together until sooth in texture. Pour back into the same pot that you boiled your Squash in, and let it simmer on medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Then serve!!
If you find this Acorn Squash & Basil Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.