Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Butternut squash soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Butternut squash soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut squash soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is certainly excellent information. But occasionally the last thing you wish to do is prepare a whole meal for yourself and your family. Once in a while you just want to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and complete the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be plagued by shame about slipping on your diet. You can do this because many of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food restaurant.
Your beverage needs to be water or juice or milk. Choosing a huge soft drink as your beverage adds hundreds of unhealthy calories to your meal. One portion of pop is eight oz.. Those eight ounces tend to be at least 100 calories and around ten tablespoons of sugar. A fast food soft drink is typically at the very least twenty ounces. Thirty ounces, however, is considerably more common. Choosing a soda as your drink raises your calorie absorption by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. Milk, fruit juices and also plain water are more healthy selections.
Logic states that that one the simplest way to stay healthy is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make good choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through now and then. Sometimes the thing you need is to let other people make your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about going to the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash soup recipe. You can cook butternut squash soup using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Butternut squash soup:
- Prepare 1 tablespoon olive oil
- You need 1 medium onion, diced
- Provide 2 cloves garlic, diced
- Use 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Use 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Take 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped
- Prepare 1 medium butternut squash
- Prepare 800 ml vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup)
- Provide 180 ml coconut milk
- You need coconut cream for garnish
Steps to make Butternut squash soup:
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion and 2 gloves garlic diced and 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent.
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture.
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine.
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk. Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender.
- Serve immediately with a garnish of some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer.
- Enjoy your soup :)
If you find this Butternut squash soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.