Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually excellent information. But at times the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole supper for yourself and your family. Once in a while you only want to visit the drive through while you are on your way home and end the day. There is simply no reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is possible because lots of the popular fast food places making the effort to make their menus better now. Here is how to eat healthy and balanced when you hit the drive through.
Select water, juice or perhaps milk as a beverage. Drinking a large soft drink causes hundreds of empty unhealthy calories into your diet. One helping of soda pop is eight oz.. That helping can contain lots of spoonfuls of sugar along with at least a hundred calories. A fast food soda is almost always a minimum of twenty ounces. Generally, though, they’re 30 ounces. This means that just ordering a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet regime. It is much healthier to choose milk, juice or regular water.
Logic states that that one of the best ways to stay healthy and balanced is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a few good decisions and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Occasionally, allowing someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about going to the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian (vegan) garden vegetable and curry soup recipe. You can cook vegetarian (vegan) garden vegetable and curry soup using 36 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup:
- Use Vegetables
- Provide 12 oz Carrots, shredded or diced
- Prepare 1 head small, Napa cabbage (or see the optional ingredients below. I use Napa for the crunch, but Kale adds special flavor. Spinach is good too)
- Get 5 stick Celery
- You need 2 small, Turnip
- Get 2 head Broccoli, trimmed of stems
- Take 1 can (28 oz) whole, peeled, Tomatoes, crushed by hand
- Get 3 small, Onion
- You need 3 Leeks, trimmed of most of the green
- Use 1 bunch Cilantro (one)
- Provide 2 medium, Potatoes
- You need 1 can corn, sweet, gold, drained
- Get 1 bunch basil (two)
- Get 6 oz Mushrooms, Shiitake
- Use 6 oz Mushrooms, baby Bella
- Take 10 clove Garlic, peeled, smashed
- You need Base
- Get 6 oz curry paste (to taste, whatever color you want)
- You need 2 can Coconut milk, preferably full fat (have 2 extra cans on hand)
- You need 4 cup Stock, or Broth, vegetable (have 2 extra cups on hand, either bought in a carton, or self-prepared, your call)
- You need 4 tbsp Butter (or the equivalent Vegan saturated fat substitute)
- You need Cookware
- Provide 16 quart Stockpot (it might work with a 12qt, but you're cutting it close, if you don't scale down a little)
- Get Spices
- You need 1 bunch Basil (its listed on the veggies too, but trust me, it's an excellent garnish)
- Provide 1 bunch cilantro (same as basil, add while cooking, or just garnish)
- Use 2 tsp Coriander (as needed really, to taste)
- Take 2 tsp ground cumin (again, as needed, to taste)
- Use 2 tbsp Salt (like all soup, salt adds a lot to this dish, be creative with how you salt it up)
- Take 1 tsp white pepper
- Take 1 tsp cracked, Red Pepper
- Get Starch
- Use 1 packages preparer's favorite noodle, starch, rice, potato, pasta, or vegetable. Or none at all.
- Provide Optional
- Take 5 cup Kale, chopped
- You need 5 cup Spinach
Steps to make Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup:
- Chop all veggies to the desired size. I do my onions, leeks, celery, carrots small. The potatoes, turnips large. The rest medium.
- Brown Onions in the butter or vegan equivalent, in your big stockpot.
- Add coconut milk, garlic, curry paste, potatoes, turnips, all spices (except basil and cilantro) to browning onions. Bring to low boil over medium+ heat. 30 minutes. Stir often, don't burn.
- I use this time to prepare my starch. Egg Noodles are good, soba and / or rice noodles are wonderful too. What do YOU feel like tonight? Rice? Orzo?
- Add carrots, celery, leeks, stock or broth (stock to taste - its here you decide how soupy you want your meal to be). Boil for 15 minutes more. Stir occasionally.
- Add corn, tomatoes, napa cabbage (or optional kale, spinach wait until the next step), any additional salt spices, coconut milk, or broth, and boil for 15 more minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Bring mixture to just below boil. Add spinach, one half bunch of cilantro, if you're using it. Add your mushrooms, broccoli, and basil. Cook until broccoli and mushrooms are soft. Don't stir too much.
- Serve. Enjoy. Use garlic/chile paste, soy sauce, Sriracha, hoisin, for additional flavor. Garnish with cilantro and basil.
If you find this Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.