Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually good guidance. From time to time, though, the last thing you need is to have to make a meal from scratch. Once in a while you only want to check out the drive through when you are on your way home and complete the day. There is simply no reason you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This can be done because plenty of the popular fast food places are trying to make their menus healthy now. Here is the way to find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Concentrate on the sides. It wasn’t so long ago that French Fries were your only side dish selection at a restaurant. Now just about all of the popular fast food places have expanded their menus. There are plenty of salads out there today. Chili can be another selection. You might get baked potatoes. You can choose fruit. There are a lot of possibilities that don’t involve eating something deep fried. When you buy your meal through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you are doing this you are able to keep your fat content and calorie counts low.
Fundamental sense states that the best way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a few good choices and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Once in a while, allowing someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. When you choose healthy menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indian red lentil soup with garam masala recipe. You can cook indian red lentil soup with garam masala using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala:
- Provide 150 grams dried red lentils (cooking time about 20min)
- Take 750 ml chicken stock
- You need 1 teaspoon cumin
- Get 1 onion
- Provide 2 cloves garlic
- Provide 400 grams ripe tomatoes (can)
- Use 1/4 bunch or fresh parsley
- Use 1-2 centimeter fresh ginger root
- Take 100-150 milliliter coconut milk
- Provide 1 teaspoon garam masala indian spicemix (see also my recipe)
- Prepare some fresh ground pepper and sea salt
- Prepare optional:
- You need 1 small red chili pepper if you like it more hot
Instructions to make Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala:
- Wash the red lentils and put aside
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop fine and put aside
- If you want to use the chili pepper wash it then cut it open and remove the seeds and cut fine and put aside
- Peel the skin from the ginger root, grate it and put aside
- Cut the peeled tomatoes into cubes and put aside with juice
- Put a 2 liter soup pan on medium heat with some olive oil, add the onion, garlic and optional the red chili pepper and fry slowly untill the onion is soft and looks glassy
- Now add the grated ginger root, the garam masala and cumin and slowly fry for another minute or to release all the flavours
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and red lentils and bring to boil
- Let boil for about 20 min then blend smooth with an electrical hand blender, add the coconut milk and boil another minute
- Add pepper and salt to taste and garnish with some parsley
If you find this Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.