Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Cheaters Chicken Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheaters Chicken Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Simple Reasons Why Eating Apples Is Good.
On TV plus in magazines everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? Many men and women have lived with this philosophy for many years, and they also pass this on to their children. This thought can be observed in country’s all around the world and people follow it as gospel with out ever learning why they should eat an apple a day. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be revealing that with you here.
I am sure you’ve heard of Cornell University, well these people did their own study on how apples can benefit an individuals brain. While performing their study they found that, quercetin, which is found in apples helps maintain healthy brain cells. And due to this you will see that apples can actually help people steer clear of the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you understand why. In the following paragraphs we just dealt with a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. It is possible to find many more benefits with regard to your health when it comes to apples. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples the very next time you go to the grocery store. These apples can certainly wind up helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cheaters chicken pie recipe. You can cook cheaters chicken pie using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cheaters Chicken Pie:
- Use 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, boneless/skinless *see note
- Use 1 small yellow onion, cut in 1/4ths
- You need 1 9" deep dish pie shell, uncooked
- Use 1 prepared pie dough
- Get 5 carrots, peeled and cut in 1" pieces
- You need 1 1/2 cup Sautéed quartered mushrooms
- Get 15 oz can of sliced new potatoes
- Provide 1 cup frozen peas
- You need 15 1/2 oz can herb roasted garlic chicken soup (condensed)
- Provide 15 1/2 oz can cream of celery soup (condensed)
- Prepare 1 egg
- Use 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Prepare 1 salt and pepper to taste
Instructions to make Cheaters Chicken Pie:
- in a 4 quart crackpot, place chicken breasts, carrots, onion, seasonings (salt, pepper and anything else you like) and crushed garlic cloves. fill with enough water to cover chicken. cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on low for 4 hours. Once done remove chicken and carrots and set aside. strain stock and reserve.
- Quarter and sauté the mushrooms in butter or olive oil over medium heat until lightly browned, approx 7 minutes. mix soups and fill one can with reserved stock and combine until smooth. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut in to bite sized pieces or shred. add chicken, carrots, peas, sautéed mushrooms, drained potatoes and seasonings to soup mixture and stir to thoroughly combine. place chicken mixture in unbaked pie shell then cover with uncooked pastry sheet. make sure to crimp the edges together well so there are no leaks. in a small bowl beat egg and brush over the entire top of pastry. cut three or four small slits into the top to release the steam. bake in a preheated 400° oven for approximately 45 minutes until golden brown. watch the edges of the crust so they don't burn. once baked, let stand at least 5 minutes before cutting.
- *you can also roast the chicken in a 400°oven and just boil the carrots if you'd rather not use the crackpot method.
If you find this Cheaters Chicken Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.