Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you're looking for 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Just about any article you read about improving your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some value to this. But occasionally the last thing you want to do is put together a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just wish to hit the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by shame about slipping on your diet. This may be possible because an abundance of the popular fast food spots making the effort to make their menus healthy now. Here is the way to find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Aim toward the side dishes. It has not been that long ago that all you could get at the fast food restaurant was French Fries. Now lots of the fast food menus have been widened quite a bit. There are many salads around today. You can also pick out Chili. You may get a baked potato. You can get fruit. There are a lot of selections that you can choose that do not force you to eat foods that have been deep fried. When you get your meal through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. This can help you keep your calorie count low and lower your fat intake.
Simple reason states that the best way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a couple of good decisions and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the best thing is to let another person make your dinner. When you want healthy menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe. To make 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice you need 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Get 1 bag (20 oz) hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix
- Get 1 medium white or yellow onion diced
- Use 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- Take 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- Take 3/4 cup celery diced
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic minced
- You need Seasoning packet from beans
- Provide 2 tablespoons parsley
- You need 4 cups filtered water
- Get 4 cups chicken broth
- Use 1 ham hock
- Get 2 packs (12 oz) each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed
- Provide Juice of 1 small lemon
- Take 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes don't drain
- Use 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- Take 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- You need 2 tablespoons butter
- You need For rice 👇
- Get 3 cups white instant rice
- Prepare 3 cups filtered water
- Get 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Get 1 teaspoon pepper
- Use 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Provide 4 tablespoons butter
Steps to make 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard.
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in.
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking)
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use.
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered.
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side
If you find this 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.