Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to carry out all of their own cooking. This is really excellent guidance. Sometimes, though, the last thing you choose is to have to cook a meal from scratch. Once in a while you only want to pay a visit to the drive through when you are on your way home and finish the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be plagued by shame about slipping on your diet. This is because most famous fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is how to eat healthy when you reach the drive through.
Your drink ought to be water or juice or milk. Choosing a huge soft drink as your beverage adds hundreds of harmful calories to your meal. One portion of pop is eight oz.. That portion could contain numerous spoonfuls of sugar as well as at least a hundred calories. Most fast food fizzy drinks are no less than twenty ounces big. Generally, though, they are 30 ounces. This means that your drink alone will put dozens of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. It is much healthier to select milk, juice or regular water.
Fundamental reason states that the proper way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a number of good selections and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the thing you need is to let other people create your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you only need 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Take The Stock
- Take 4 lb lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat
- Prepare 2 onions, halved
- Use 2 scrubbed quartered carrots
- You need 2 celery stalks
- Get bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves
- Get 10 cups water
- Provide For the Onions and Soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion
- Take 3 Tbsp Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil
- Use 1 tsp salt
- Take 1 ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown)
- You need 3 Tbsp flour
- Prepare 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Prepare The strained Stock
- Get to taste salt and pepper
- Get 2 Tbsp tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together
- Use 4 rounds of hard-toasted french bread
- Provide Grated good Swiss Cheese to cover
- Prepare Cook and assemble
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and drain fat out of roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10 quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water to the pan, set over heat (or back in the still hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle.
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth.
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery and bouquet garni. Simmer the stock for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl.
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour.
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.