Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you're looking for Loaded Potato Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Loaded Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Loaded Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Just about every article you read about bettering your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is certainly excellent advice. Now and then, though, you definitely do not wish to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. Why shouldn’t you be capable of do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? This is because a lot of the well-known fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food place.
Concentrate on the sides. It wasn’t too long ago that French Fries were your sole side dish selection at a restaurant. Today the vast majority of the most popular fast food franchises have amplified their choices. Now you can find a range of salads. Chili is definitely a different selection. You can get baked potatoes. Fruit is generally offered. There are lots of healthy options that do not include putting something deep fried into your body. When deciding on your supper from the drive through, pick out a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. This helps you keep your calorie count low and reduce your fat intake.
Basic reason states that the proper way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. While, for the most part, this is a good plan, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes what you need is to let other people make your dinner. When you want wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to loaded potato soup recipe. You can cook loaded potato soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Loaded Potato Soup:
- Prepare 6 Yukon Gold Potatoes (Diced)
- Use 1/2 Large Yellow or Sweet Onion (Diced)
- You need 3 Cloves Garlic
- Take 4 Tbsp Butter
- Take 4 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- Provide 3 Cups Whole Milk
- Get 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- Prepare 1 lb Bacon
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Use 2 Cups Shredded Cheese (Sharp Cheddar, Mild Cheddar, Muenster)
- Take 3-4 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (Or To Taste)
- Use Salt (To Taste)
- You need 1 Bunch Green Onions (Diced) (Garnish)
Instructions to make Loaded Potato Soup:
- Scrub and Dice Potatoes. Place in a bowl of cold water and set aside. Dice onion, set aside.
- Cut bacon into 1" pieces or so. Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Reserve around 1 Tbsp of bacon grease. Shred Cheeses and set aside.
- Heat a large Stock Pot to Medium Heat, add Butter and 1 Tbsp of Bacon Grease. Add Yellow Onions. Cook until translucent, about 5 - 6 Minutes. Add Garlic, cook until fragrant, about 1 - 2 Minutes.
- Add All Purpose Flour and whisk constantly for about 1 Minute. Add Milk slowly while whisking. Add Chicken Broth, Chicken Bouillon, and strained Potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer over Medium to Medium Low Heat for 20 Minutes.
- Add Sour Cream, 3/4 of the Cheese, 1/2 of the Bacon. Stir and Cook another few minutes. Taste for seasoning. Add more Salt or Pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into a bowl, and top with some Green Onions, Cheese, and Bacon. Enjoy!
If you find this Loaded Potato Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.